Tara Trevorrow is of counsel with Spector Rubin and is a business bankruptcy attorney with focused chapter 7 and 11 experience. She has extensive expertise in formulating and developing case strategy, providing complex case management, and drafting transactional and litigation documents. Her experience includes practice in multiple areas of law as they relate to bankruptcy, including commercial litigation, international trade, transportation, real estate, trusts and estates, tax, corporate law, and finance.
Ms. Trevorrow’s representative experience includes:
- Reorganization and sale of a $256 million condominium project in downtown Miami
- Financial restructuring of development project spanning one city block in the Brickell area of Miami
- Distressed sale of property subject to approximately $200 million in secured financing, including CDD obligations
- Extensive practice in federal court, including drafting of bankruptcy reorganization plans, appellate briefs, and complex memoranda of law
- International trade, transportation and logistics-related bankruptcy matters
- Federal cases in Florida, New York, Delaware, and Texas
Prior to law school, Ms. Trevorrow danced professionally with ballet companies in the United States and performed as a guest artist on television and in theatres in France. She continues to be active in the ballet world by teaching at a local ballet school and acting as the Variations/Rehearsal Coach for the school’s studio company. Ms. Trevorrow is an ABT® Affiliate Teacher who is certified in American Ballet Theatre’s National Training Curriculum in Levels Primary – 7 & Partnering.
Ms. Trevorrow is committed to giving back to her community. She has participated in legal education programs throughout her career and continues to serve as a volunteer teacher for Legal Up and Justice Teaching.
- "Rising Star," Super Lawyers (International Law), 2012-2013, 2015-2016
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, JD (with honors)
- Recipient of William A. Jacobs Scholarship
- Notes and Comments Editor, Florida Law Review
- President, Association of Law and Business
- Goucher College, BA Dance / BA French (highest honors)
- Expansive Jurisdiction: Recent Decision Could Force Non-Debtor Affiliates into Bankruptcy Court, DAILY BUSINESS REVIEW
- Prepetition Ban on Bankruptcy Upheld in Unpublished BAP Decision (In re DB Capital Holdings, Inc., LLC), ABI REAL ESTATE COMMITTEE NEWSLETTER
- Settlement Avoids Determination of Willful Blindness, ABI COMMERCIAL FRAUD COMMITTEE NEWS, Vol. 9. No. 2
- Designation of Shotgun Pleading Leads to Sua Sponte Dismissal, ABI COMMERCIAL FRAUD COMMITTEE NEWSLETTER
Direct Line: (305) 537-2009/p>